63 North Dr "THE WAR HORSE"
The firehouse at 63 North Dr is the oldest firehouse in the city. It was constructed in 1932 and was renovated in 1983 so that it can be used as the home for Engine 3. This firehouse was originally home to the volunteer fire co. Northern Engine Co. 3 which was disbanded in 1983 when the Jakeland Fire Dept. was established. Today Squad 3 is stationed here alone in the Fairmount section of Jakeland.
Squad Company 3
Squad Company 3 was established on November 16, 1999. Squad 3 currently operates a 2013 Pierce Arrow XT equipped with a 75' ladder. This is Squad Company 3's second ladder. Squad 3 is equipped with a 1,500 GPM pump and a 500 gallon tank. Squad 3 carries on board equipment used by engine and ladder companies. On the front bumper is a pre-connected jaws of life and combo tool.